What a wonderful way to welcome spring! These beautifully vibrant butterflies are a great to make with your children at home, childcare or at school.
What you'll need:
- pipe cleaner
- coffee filter's-any size
- Water color paints
- Paint brush
How to make them:
- Flatten the coffee filter and place it on a newspaper-as you paint water will soak through and dye the coffee filter.
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half.
- Fold the coffee filter accordion style, in about ½" pleats.
- Position the pleated coffee filter into the bent end of the pipe cleaner. Center the filter at the bend.
- Twist the pipe cleaner; stem around the filter to secure it in place.
- Bend the tips of the pipe cleaner over about ¼" to create the antennae.
- Fan out the butterfly wings..