You will need the following Materials:
- 2 Peat Pots, 2" tall with 2" wide top diameter
- 8-12 Colored craft sticks
- Two 10mm googly eyes
- Permanent black marker
- Hot glue gun with glue sticks
- Beans, rice or similar item to use as weight
*Place a hand full of beans or rice in the bottom of one of the peat pots. This gives your turkey some weight so he won't fall over.
* Turn the second peat pot upside-down and hot glue it on top of the first one, rim to rim.
* Cut a piece of pipe-cleaner and bend it back and forth. Hot glue this to the top pot.
* Using hot glue, attach Popsicle sticks to the back of the pots alternating the colors as you go.
* Cut a yellow or gold popsicle stick in half and glue both pieces to the bottom of your turkey for feet.
* Cut a pipecleaner, fold it in half and hot glue it to the front of the top peat pot as a beak.
* Cut a pipecleaner and fold it back and forth forming a waddle. Glue the pipecleaner waddle just under the beak.
*Glue on the googly eyes and draw eyebrows above them. You can draw a mouth below the beak if you would like to add a more human touch to your turkey - this is optional.
* Hot glue one "wing" on each side of your turkey. .
Optional: Make several turkeys and personalize them by writing your guests' names on the front of the turkeys on the bottom pot. Then use the turkeys as place markers for your Thanksgiving feast.