Valentine's Day can be an exciting time for children to exchange cards or notes. There are many projects one can make with there children in preschool or daycare. This activity is fun and encourages children to work together by sharing the materials and a great use of there fine motor skills. Your children will love it!
- Cereal box
- Construction paper: red, white, purple and pink
- Glitter glue or glitter
- White craft glue or glue gun
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter (optional)
- Heart-shaped craft foam, felt
How to make it:
- Cut cereal box in half, keeping the bottom half.
- Cover the entire box with felt, foam or red construction paper using white craft glue or glue gun.
- Trace cookie cutters, or draw freehand, to create hearts from construction paper. You will need two of each color for a total of six.
- Use glitter glue to write short on the hearts.
- Allow the glitter glue to dry completely, this can take several hours.
- Glue three hearts, one of each color, to one side of the box, overlapping the hearts, tops of the hearts should stick out above the top of the box.
- Glue foam hearts to the sides of the box.