With Valentines around the corner, this is a fun activity that you can do with your children in daycare or preschool. Its a great way for children to use there fine motor skills. It just takes several simple ingredients to create this mouth-watering snack:
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Fresh strawberries with leaves or any other fruit (banana, raspberry)
- Tooth picks
- White chocolate melted (optional)
- Wash strawberries and gently pat dry with paper towels.
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over strawberries to add color.