- Looking for a fun Valentines Day treat to make with your children? Heart shaped rice krispy hearts can be made in preschool, daycare or at home as a fun project. Its a great way for children to use there fine motor skills and work together. They are fun and easy to make!
- Cooking spray
- 3 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups mini or 55 marshmallows
- Red food coloring
- 8 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Plastic bags, yarn
- melted chocolate ( 1 bag), sprinkles
To begin, lightly coat a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
You then melt the margarine in a large pot over low heat.
Add the marshmallows, stirring them continuously until they melt.
Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in drops of red food coloring until
the color receives a thumbs-up from the chef.
Add the Rice Krispies, stirring until they are
evenly coated with marshmallow. Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet.
With waxed paper- smooth out the mixture, spreading it to an even thickness.
Cut out hearts with the cookie cutter. Place
each heart in a clear plastic bag, tie on a yarn bow, and they're ready
for giving. Spread melted chocolate with a spoon and spread over the hears, adding sprinkles for color.
- To begin, lightly coat a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.